Kit Role Selection
In the ROLE tab of the spawn screen you can choose different roles (in other games these are often called "classes"). The role will influence which weapons, equipment (kit) and abilities you will have. Also, the configuration for each role will be different for each faction.
Tip: If you mouse-over the symbols in the Role tab, you will see a tooltip with details about each role.
The following roles exist at the moment:
| Squad Leader
| Leader of a up to 9-member squad. Can place deployables, manage the squad, and
communicate with other squad leaders
|Rifleman/Fighter||Standard infrantry equipped with an Assault Rifle and hand grenades|
|Automatic Rifleman||Equipped with an Automatic Rifle (LMG or AR for short)|
|Medic||Equipped with a medical supplies and extra smoke to heal and revive players|
|Grenadier||Standard rifleman equipped with Grenade Launcher (GL)|
|Light Anti-Tank||Standard rifleman equipped with a Light Anti-Tank launcher in place of hand grenades (LAT)|
|Marksman||Equipped with a Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR)|
|Scout||Equipped with semi automatic rifle and binoculars, this role is perfect for scouting enemy positions and guiding fire.|
Not all roles are available at all times. The following role restrictions may apply:
- If you don't belong to a squad, you only have access to the most basic roles.
- Some roles are limited for a squad. For example "0/1" means only one member can take this role and currently nobody has taken it yet. Once the limit of the role has been reached, you can no longer claim this role.
- There is also a kit limitation system which, in short, will make more or less kits available to a squad depending on different parameters such as squad and team strength and other factors. Also, team-wide limitations are enforced for some roles. Read all about it in this post of the official forum.
- Some roles are faction-restricted, such as the Scout.
You can change to available roles in the spawn menu before you spawn or while you are dead. If you want to change your role while you are alive, you have to find a ammo crate – when using a ammo crate you can also change to another role (see Resupplying Ammo).
Best practice[edit | edit source]
- Squad Leader - any squad must at all times have a Squad Leader, who should be equipped with the Squad Leader kit (name may vary depending on faction).
- Medic - all available medic slots should be filled at all times.
- Fire support roles - Grenadier, Light Antitank and Automatic Rifleman.
- Designated marksman kit - M4/AK with optics, or in some cases the SVD.
- Rifleman - Standard rifleman kit (1 more magazine and 1 more hand grenade, than optics kit)
Priority 1 and 2 should always be filled.
Priority 3, 4 and 5 should be discussed based on the map and the task your squad is going to complete - speak with your Squad Leader.