General Information[edit | edit source]
The M110 SASS is designed by the Knight's Armament Company (KAC) in 2007 and adopted by the US Army as the standard semi-automatic sniper rifle/DMR in 2008 after beating out its firearms from other arms companies. It is currently used by eight countries (including the United States of America).
The M110 is mainly based off of the SR-25/MK-11 sniper rifle but the KAC added features that can help improve the quality and reliability of the M110. The M110 has a fixed, adjustable buttstock, URX modular rail system, flash hider, and a one-piece 30 mm scope. The sniper rifle/DMR uses 10-round/20-round detachable magazines and 7.62x51 mm NATO cartridges. The weapon is highly-rated by many users due to its performance and quality.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Can be fired on only semi-automatic.
- The M110 SASS box magazine can hold 10 rounds.
- The M110 SASS is only used by one faction, the US Army. It is issued to the marksman class.
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
- In it's first iteration, it will sport a TA31 4x ACOG optic. However in a later version this will be changed to a standard 10x Leupold scope.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The M110 SASS is currently being replaced in the US Army by the German G-28, the sniper rifle/DMR version of the Heckler-Koch battle rifle HK-417.