General Description[edit | edit source]
The M72 LAW is a portable one-shot 66-mm unguided anti-tank weapon. The M72 LAW is designed by FA Spinale, CB Weeks and PV Choate in 1963 and adopted into the US Army in the same year, replacing the M20A1 "Bazooka". It is equipped with a a 66 mm HEAT (High Explosive Anti-Tank) warhead capable of piercing 20 cm/8 inches of steel, 60 cm/2 ft of reinforced concrete, and up to 180 cm/5.9 feet of soil. The M72 LAW can penetrate and disable light armor vehicles such as armored personnel carriers and trucks with ease. However, main battle tanks are more harder to disable using a M72 LAW. Its small size, collapsing ability, and easily portable and usable by a single infantryman, made the M72 LAW a popular anti-tank weapon among many countries. However, it is not able to beat the popularity of Russia's infamous RPG-7 which is used by about 40 countries. The M72 LAW is used since the Vietnam War.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The M72 LAW is used by the US Army.
Tip[edit | edit source]
- Minimum arming range for the Light anti tank weapons is 10m. Fire it too close and your have no detonation.
- Firing behind framed windows will stop the projectile from exiting the window and waste a round. It can also be used to as an anti-infantry weapon if needed but its use is limited due to the design of the warhead being made for penetration rather than HE (High explosive).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- LAW stands for Light Anti-tank Weapon.
- The M72 LAW is used alongside the AT-4 as the standard anti-tank weapons of the US Army.