Russian Ground Forces
History[edit | edit source]
After the Soviet Union collapsed, the military force of the newly-created Russian Federation was in limbo. The Russian Armed Forces (RAF) was created, succeeded the dissolved Soviet Army as the main army of the Russian Federation. One of the RAF's branches is the Russian Ground Forces (RGF) which focuses on ground warfare. The RGF used old equipment such as trucks, artillery, and firearms as well as new ones in its formation and these equipment could be seen used today in the battlefield by the RGF. The RGF is highly trained and prepared and is tasked with the protection of state borders, the security of occupied territories, and land combat.
Flag[edit | edit source]
The flag of the Russian Ground Forces shown in Squad is the Russian Tricolor; consisting of three equal horizontal fields with white on top, blue on the middle, and red on the bottom.
In Game Equipment[edit | edit source]
The Russian Ground Forces use a combination of some modern weapons and, more commonly, tried and tested weapons from the 70s and 80s, which they have access to in great amounts. They also have access to optic attachments, but are not currently as common as the United States Army.
Small Arms[edit | edit source]
- AK-74M: Standard issue infantry assault rifle.
- RPK-74M: Standard light machine gun (LMG)/squad automatic weapon (SAW)
- MP-443 Grach: Standard issue pistol.
- SVDM Sniper: Standard sniper rifle/designated marksman rifle (DMR)
Grenades & Launchers[edit | edit source]
- RGO: Standard Fragmentation Grenade
- RDG-2: Standard Smoke Grenade
- GP-25 Grenade Launcher: Under barrel grenade launcher.