General Information[edit | edit source]
The AKM-S is a long stroke piston operated, rotating bolt assault rifle. The AKM-S is probably designed by renown Russian firearm designer Mikhail Kalashnikov and it is a folding stock variant of Kalashnikov's AKM assault rifle.
The AKM-S has an under-folding metal shoulder stock, a slant cut muzzle brake, modified trigger assembly, iron sights, and gas block. Like its parent, the AKM, the AKM-S uses 7.62x39 mm cartridges. The purpose of the folding stock of the AKM-S is to make the weapon smaller when folded in order to make it easier of storage and containment.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The AKM-S magazine holds 30 rounds.
- Can be fired on automatic and semi-automatic.
- The AKM-S is only issued to the Insurgents faction and usually belong to the rifleman class.
- The AKM-S is capable of effectively engaging targets as far as 300 meters away with reasonable accuracy, and suppressing enemies with a wall of lead.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The AKM in AKM-S stands for Avtomat Kalashnikova Modernizirovanniy (Автомат Калашникова Модернизированный) which means in English from Russian, "Kalashnikov modernized automatic rifle." The S in AKM-S stands for Skladnoy (Складной) which means in English from Russian, "Folding".