Advance and Secure
The objective of Advance and Secure is to capture and hold Control Points (also referred to as flags) in a preset order. Capturing enemy flags penalizes the enemy team and rewards you with added Tickets. The team who runs out of tickets first will lose.
There is also a variation of this game mode called "Parallel Advance and Secure" (PAAS). In PAAS there is not just a single line of Control Points but multiple separate parallel such lines. Each of these lines need to be captured on their own.
Description[edit | edit source]
Two teams will start from opposite ends of the map in their main base, or in certain circumstance a limited forward spawn area. The teams objective is to capture and hold Control Points from the enemy team. Control Points can only be captured a specific order that will appear on the map
Your team cannot capture a Control Point out of order, your team will need to capture and hold the previous flag. This is indicated by the Attack and Defense markers that appear over Control Points on your map. If both teams neutralize two opposing flags in the CP's line of sequence, it's a stalemate - neither team can take their next attack flag. Only after the defense flag has been re-captured, can the attack flag be captured next.
As each team starts to cap neutral flags, it's not possible by enemies to block this capping process. For example: if one soldier is in the capture zone of their team's first flag and nine enemies are in that cap zone as well trying to block it, the flag will still be captured. Once they find him and kill him, the flag will (obviously) stop capping. This should severely reduce the "Rush Flags" meta, and shift the focus more towards the linear progression of moving from flag area to flag area, as well as having a proper supply train with FOBs and logistics. Blocking a flag is technically still possible if you eliminate the entire attacking force, but it will require more resources to do and is more likely to fail.
The team who runs out of tickets first loses. Therefore assets and FOB`s play a big role in the ticketcount of a team as well. Knowledge about the value of those assets can help you in correctly analyzing the situation of a team. Securing a flag while losing a lot of assets can actually harm your teams effort in winning a round.
Furthermore, keep in mind that individual scores do not affect the result of the match.
AAS & RAAS Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Ticket Values[edit | edit source]
[ + 20 ] for capturing neutral Flags that have not been owned previously. (ie: start of game)
[ - 20 ] when the enemy captures Flags that belong to you.
[ - 10 ] for losing a Forward Operating Base (FOB; "Radio").
[ - 1 ] by Infantry lost (bleed out).
[ - 15 ] by Main Battle Tank lost.
Ticket Bleed[edit | edit source]
- will start bleeding tickets if you will successfully capture at least one objective on the enemy side of the flag lattice. For each objective on the enemy part of the map, controlled by your team, the enemy will lose 1 ticket per minute.
- On map layers with an odd number of objectives, central objectives are considered a middle ground, and therefore do not trigger ticket bleed, to avoid causing King of the Hill fight for it. On such layers, your team will need to capture at least one more flag past central, for the enemy to start bleeding tickets.
- For map layers with even number of objectives, your team will need to capture more than half of them to trigger ticket bleed on the enemy team.
- In the case of “double-neutral” stalemate situation, all ticket bleed mechanics will be paused until the stalemate is resolved.
- Once your team captures all Control Points of the map, the enemy team will begin to Mercy Bleed. It's a fixed value of 60 Tickets over 60 seconds (the tickets tick down continuously every second). Mercy Bleed will stop if the enemy team manage to capture back the last Control Points.
- Ticket bleed indication was added into UI.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Don't play as an individual, as your score won't affect the match
- Squad Leaders must coordinate with other SLs to cover the active points
- Communicate with other members to establish good FOBs