Al Basrah (Arabic: البصرة; al-Baṣrah), also known as Basra, is one of the Maps available in Squad. The map consists of a city in the Republic of Iraq along the Shatt al-Arab River with the Qamat Ali Canal splitting off from it leading to a nearby village. The map was released at Alpha v9.2.
In May 2017, Squad announced many changes that are coming to Al Basrah. The Insurgent and United States Army's (U.S. Army) Main Spawns had been relocated, as well as southern expansion of the city. The U.S. Army's main spawn has been relocated slightly north of its current position to extend travel time as well. With these newly expanded areas new flag layouts will follow, along with the highly anticipated Insurgency game mode. This expansion was released at Alpha v9.6.
Gameplay Modes[edit | edit source]
AAS v1[edit | edit source]
Parallel AAS v1[edit | edit source]
- Gas Station
Invasion v1[edit | edit source]
Invasion v2[edit | edit source]
- Basrah Airport
- North Basrah
- South Basrah
Conquest[edit | edit source]
Features at least 1 Bradley.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Building names[edit | edit source]
Provided & Permission by ChanceBrahh
Media[edit | edit source]
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The US Army, with its robust vehicles, should always avoid driving into the city as there is a very high chance of running into an ambush. RPG's, Mines, IED's, and tight spaces restricting movement will lead to your doom. Instead, use the wide open spaces outside of the city to your advantage and fire into the city from there.
- The Insurgents have a much greater flexibility than the US Army with their vehicles consisting of motorcycles and armed pick-up trucks. Insurgents are strongly advised into using strike and run tactics against US Army vehicles, forcing them into a defensive stance and slow their advance into positions.
- In the AAS variants of the map, it is common for the US to rush the Refinery Capture point and the Insurgents to rush the Village capture point. Failure to secure these points at the start of the game can be the deciding factor for a match.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The map was originally a custom map developed by a community member (ChanceBrahh) based on the map from the Project Reality modification. The map was released in Squad in Alpha 9.2.
- Al Basrah or Basra is a city located in Southern Iraq near the Persian Gulf. It is the second largest city in Iraq with Baghdad being the largest. The city is mainly based off of the oil field located around the city. During the Iraq War in 2003, the United States and British invaded the city. In 2007, the city was finally given back to Iraqi police. The airport was damaged in the Gulf War and only destroyed after the 2003 invansion.