Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
General information[edit | edit source]
The BMP-2 is a second-generation, amphibious infantry fighting vehicle introduced in the 1980s in the Soviet Union, improving upon the BMP-1 of the 1960s.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The BMP-2 features a number of upgrades and design changes when compared to the BMP-1.
|Main Armament||Shipunov 2A42||30 mm||3UBR6 Armor Piercing|
|OT High Explosive Incendiary|
|9M113 Konkurs Guided Missile|
|Secondary Armament||PKT||7.62 mm|
|Countermeasure||Smoke Launcher||40 mm|
- Standard crew of 3: Driver, Gunner, Commander. 7 passengers can be carried in the troop compartment.
- The BMP-2 is the Russian Ground Forces equivalent to the British FV510 and the American M2A3; it is far superior in terms of armament and armor compared to the BTR-82A.
- The primary armament is a Shipunov 2A42 30mm cannon mounted in the turret. As the gunner you can switch between armor piercing and high-explosive incendiary rounds to deal with vehicle and infantry threats. It has a very high rate of fire, and as a result, the gunner should always be aware of remaining ammunition.
- The vehicle is also armed with a Konkurs ATGM mounted on top of the turret. This is the same ATGM on the BRDM-2 Spandrel ATGM carrier, but because the BMP-2 only has a single tube instead of the Spandrel's five, there is a longer delay between launches as the BMP-2 crew needs to reload it.
- There is a coaxial PKT machine-gun as secondary armament.
- Two bursts/charges of 40mm airburst smoke grenades.
- The BMP-2 in-game is currently only a placeholder. It is the developers' intention to eventually replace it with the BMP-2M "Berezhok", giving the Russian Ground Forces their most modern variant armed with Kornet-M ATGMs and an additional 30mm automatic grenade launcher.
- Similar to the BMP-1, the front armor is heavily sloped. As such, the vehicle should always be facing the direction of incoming fire while concealing or protecting its sides and rear.
info sheet[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Similar to PKM introduction to the game, the BMP-2 is only a placeholder for the Russian Ground Forces in-game, as the developers intend to eventually replace it with the BMP-2M (upgraded modern variant of the BMP-2).