General information[edit | edit source]
The BMP-2 is a second-generation, amphibious infantry fighting vehicle introduced in the 1980s in the Soviet Union, following on from the BMP-1 of the 1960s.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The BMP-2 features a number of upgrades and design changes when compared to the BMP-1.
|Main Armament||Shipunov 2A42||30 mm||3UBR6 Armor Piercing|
|OT High Explosive Incendiary|
|9M113 Konkurs Guided Missile|
|Secondary Armament||PKT||7.62 mm|
|Countermeasure||Smoke Launcher||40 mm|
- Standard crew of 3. Driver, Gunner, Commander. 7 passengers can be carried in the back.
- The BMP-2 is the Russian Ground Forces equivalent to the British FV510 or the American M2A3; it is far superior in terms of armament and armour to the BTR-82A.
- The primary armament is a Shipunov 30mm cannon mounted in the turret. As the gunner you can switch between armour piercing and high-explosive incendiary rounds to deal with vehicle and infantry threats. It has an extremely high rate of fire, and it can be difficult to keep rounds on target.
- The vehicle is also armed with a ATGM, mounted on top of the turret. Range and damage are similar to the Spandrel missiles, but it takes much longer to reload.
- There is a co-axial PKT machine-gun as secondary armament.
- Two bursts of 40mm smoke grenades.
- The BMP-2 in-game is currently only a placeholder. It is the developers intention to eventually replace it with the BMP-2M, giving the Russian Ground Forces their most modern variant.
fo sheet[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Similar to PKM introduction to the game, the BMP-2 is only a placeholder for the Russian Ground Forces in-game, as the developers intend to eventually replace it with the BMP-2M (upgraded modern variant of the BMP-2).