General information[edit | edit source]
The BMP-2 is a second-generation, amphibious infantry fighting vehicle introduced in the 1980s in the Soviet Union, improving upon the BMP-1 of the 1960s.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The BMP-2 features a number of upgrades and design changes when compared to the BMP-1.
- Standard crew of 3: Driver, Gunner, Commander. 7 passengers can be carried in the troop compartment.
- The BMP-2 is the Russian Ground Forces equivalent to the British FV510 and the American M2A3; it is far superior in terms of armament and armor compared to the BTR-82A.
- The primary armament is a Shipunov 2A42 30mm cannon mounted in the turret. As the gunner you can switch between armor piercing and high-explosive incendiary rounds to deal with vehicle and infantry threats. It has a very high rate of fire, and as a result, the gunner should always be aware of remaining ammunition.
- The vehicle is also armed with a Konkurs ATGM mounted on top of the turret. This is the same ATGM on the BRDM-2 Spandrel ATGM carrier, but because the BMP-2 only has a single tube instead of the Spandrel's five, there is a longer delay between launches as the BMP-2 crew needs to reload it.
- There is a coaxial PKT machine-gun as secondary armament.
- Two bursts/charges of 40mm airburst smoke grenades.
- The BMP-2 in-game is currently only a placeholder. It is the developers' intention to eventually replace it with the BMP-2M "Berezhok", giving the Russian Ground Forces their most modern variant armed with Kornet-M ATGMs and an additional 30mm automatic grenade launcher.
- Similar to the BMP-1, the front armor is heavily sloped. As such, the vehicle should always be facing the direction of incoming fire while concealing or protecting its sides and rear. However, it is only capable of somewhat reliably resisting .50cal/12.7mm bullets frontally; (if fired from leveled ground) other rounds depend on distance(and those are generally just nerfed/unrealistic Russian 30mm AP and 14.5mm; 25mm and UK 30mm will go through at any relevant range). Most other times it is often better to turn hull sideways as frontal shots may easily destroy the engine and leave the vehicle worthless.
- BMP-2, unlike Bradley, may not go up against MBT frontally due to its inferior hp value(1250; generally killed in two shots by MBT APFSDS; as opposed to Bradley's 2000, generally killed in 3 or more shots depending on damage dropoff) and slow missile reload speed(6rpm vs. 9rpm of Bradley's TOW), 500mm penetration also limits its effectiveness(no significantly-sized weakspot on front of M1A2).
|Main Armament||Shipunov 2A42 Autocannon||30 mm||3UBR6 Armor Piercing||160|
|OT High Explosive Incendiary||340|
|9M113 Konkurs Guided Missile||4|
|Secondary Armament||PKT||7.62 mm||1 x 2000|
|Countermeasure||Smoke Launcher||40 mm||2|
info sheet[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Similar to PKM introduction to the game, the BMP-2 is only a placeholder for the Russian Ground Forces in-game, as the developers intend to eventually replace it with the BMP-2M (upgraded modern variant of the BMP-2).
- Squad's BMP-2 model has multiple inaccuracies such as using Kornet tube in place of actual Konkurs tube model.
References[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]