Creating a Mod
Requirements[edit | edit source]
You will need to have the Squad SDK installed and open. Please read the instructions on that page carefully for installation and frequently asked questions before beginning this guide.
Create Mod Wizard[edit | edit source]
The Create Mod wizard automates the process for creating a Squad mod. It:
- Creates a new mod folder for your mod under
- Creates a mod configuration file at
- Creates a content folder for your mod at
Guide[edit | edit source]
To begin, left click on the Create Mod button at the top right of the Squad SDK.
Create Squad Mod[edit | edit source]
- Mod Name
- This is the name of your mod. The name cannot have spaces, special characters or symbols.
- Mod Description
- This is the main description of your mod. It will appear on the Steam Workshop page for your mod.
- Steam Image Preview
- This is the thumbnail image that will appear on the workshop for your mod. It's minimum size is 198x by 198x.
Upon successfully creation of your mod project, a notification will appear at the bottom right of the Squad SDK with the message "<mod_name> was created successfully!".
Select Content Folder[edit | edit source]
Now that you have created your mod project, you will need to open your mod's content folder within Unreal Engine's Content Browser.
- Begin by left clicking on the "View Options" button at the bottom right of the Content Browser, then making sure that "Show Plugin Content" has a check marked next to it.
- Next, left click on the button with three horizontal lines running through it at the top left of the content browser, next to "Filters" .
- Scroll down on that list until you find the folder labelled "<mod_name> Content". Double left click on it to select it.
This folder is the content folder for your mod. ALL OF YOUR ASSETS FOR YOUR MOD MUST BE STORED HERE.
Congratulations! You have completed the necessary steps to begin your modding career. Please select the type of mod you wish to create to continue on this guide:
Once you have created your mod, you may want to consider releasing it to the community.