Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
General Information[edit | edit source]
The FN Minimi is a Belgian 5.56mm light machine gun. First introduced in the late 1970s, it is now in service in more than 75 countries. It can be belt fed or fired from a magazine.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The FN Minimi is available to four factions and features different sights depending on faction and role type:
|Automatic Rifleman||US Army||Direct Combat||M249 PIP + M68||Short||Non-magnifying red dot sight||100 rounds|
|Fire Support||M249 PIP + M145||Short||Telescopic sight, fixed 3.4×||100 rounds||Alpha 10.0|
|British Army||Direct Combat||L110A2 Minimi||Short||Iron sights, ranging 200-1200m||100 rounds||Alpha 11.0|
|Fire Support||L110A2 Minimi + SUSAT||Short||Telescopic sight, fixed 4×||100 rounds||Alpha 11.0|
|Canadian Army||Fire Support||C9A2 + C79A2||Long||Telescopic sight, fixed 3.4×||200 rounds||Alpha 15.3|
|Canadian Army||Direct Combat||C9A2||Long||Iron sights, ranging 200-1200m||200 rounds||Beta 20|
|Irregular Militia||Fire Support||Minimi||Long||Iron sights, ranging 200-1200m||200 rounds||Alpha 8.0|
- Every 4th round is a tracer round.
- All variants of the weapon have a deployable bipod.
- The Irregular Militia's Minimi and Canadian Army's C9A2 has a longer barrel than the US Army's M249 PIP and the British Army's L110A2 Minimi making it more accurate at longer ranges, but more difficult to use in urban terrain and close quarters since Alpha 10 update introduced the "weapon length" mechanic. It also uses 200 round box magazines instead of 100 round pouch magazines. The total ammo carried is still 600 rounds total; three 200 round pouches for the Minimi and C9A2, and six 100 round pouches for the M249 PIP and L110A2 Minimi.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Firing the weapon with the bipod deployed is always preferred, as it creates an extremely stable and accurate fire support platform. If the bipod cannot be used, firing the weapon from the prone position is the next best choice.
- Firing in short bursts will increase the overall accuracy. It will also conserve the ammunition.
- Like every other machine gun, it has a long reload time.
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
- The bullet drop mirrors the characteristics of the RPK-74M (see figure 1).
- It will not hurt hostile armored vehicles, but it can be used effectively against Technicals, Transports, or Logistics Trucks to kill or wound the occupants. It will also destroy Technicals or Motorcycles.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]