Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
statistics[edit | edit source]
General information[edit | edit source]
The FV4034 is a British main battle tank in service with the armies of the United Kingdom and Oman. The FV4034 is an extensive redesign of an earlier variant. Although the hull and automotive components seem similar, they are of a newer design and build than those of the earlier variant and only around 3% of components are interchangeable. A visual recognition feature is the armored housing for the TOGS thermal gunsight; the FV4034 has this above the gun barrel, the earlier variant has it at the right-hand side of the turret. The tank's drive system provides a 550 km range, with a maximum road speed of 59 km/h.
The FV4034 is equipped with a 120-millimeter (4.7 in) 55-caliber long L30A1 tank gun, the successor to the L11 gun used on the Chieftain and its earlier variant. Unique among NATO main battle tank armament, the L30A1 is rifled, because the British Army continues to place a premium on the use of High-explosive squash head (HESH) rounds in addition to armor-piercing fin-stabilized discarding-sabot rounds. The FV4034 is also armed with an L94A1 EX-34 7.62 mm chain gun and a 7.62 mm L37A2 (GPMG) machine gun. Fifty main armament rounds and 4,200 rounds of 7.62 mm ammunition are carried. The FV4034 has a four-man crew. The turret and hull are protected with second generation Chobham armor (also known as Dorchester).
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The FV4034 is the main battle tank available to the British Army. It can hold a crew of four; a driver, gunner, commander, and a loader. The main cannon is a 120mm rifled gun that is capable of firing AP Sabot rounds, high-explosive rounds, or smoke rounds.
- The driver has access to smoke via a smoke generator for defensive purposes.
- The gunner's 120mm cannon can fire (14) L27A1 120mm CHARM armor-piercing sabot rounds, (9) L31A7 120mm high explosive squash head rounds, and (3) L34 120mm smoke rounds. In addition, the gunner also has access to the L94A1 7.62mm coaxial machine gun with 2,000 rounds for engaging infantry and 40mm smoke grenades with 2 charges for self-defense. The gun features three zoom levels.
- The commander has access to a periscope that features hunter-killer functionality, granting the commander the ability to focus the gunner's cannon on a target. The commander's periscope features three zoom levels.
- The loader's seat features a remote-controlled L37A2 general purpose machine gun (GPMG) with 500 rounds, a highly effective anti-personnel weapon. This weapon features two zoom levels (1x & 12x). Currently, it is the only loader's weapon that is operated remotely. In fact, it is one of two MBTs where no vehicle crewman is exposed while operating: all of the 4 crew are safe from outside fire. The only other tank that does this is the T-72B3.
- The 120mm L34 smoke rounds contain white phosphorus (WP). As such, the L34 round can be used to conceal your own position, block line-of-sight, or engage enemy infantry.
- The FV4034 is optimized for long range engagements, with the high performance APFSDS projectiles and the gunner's sight both reflecting this. As a result, additional care should be taken when engaging enemies at close range, making sure to properly align the gun sight.
- The FV4034 has excellent turret armor and good gun depression. As such, this MBT should be placed in a hull-down position whenever possible. The poor armor protection on the lower glacis of the FV4034 presents a major weakness from the front, with anti-tank fire being able to penetrate it even at extended distances. Likewise, the driver's view port is also a significant weakness, further emphasizing the need for these areas to be protected or positioned behind cover.
Vehicle info sheet[edit | edit source]