The IAV Stryker is a fire support vehicle featured in Squad. The IAV Stryker is the standard armored personnel carrier (APC) and infantry carrier vehicle (ICV) of the United States Army (US Army). The Stryker was the first fully armoured vehicle introduced to the US Army Faction, and combines good survivability and speed with a decent weapons platform.
Gameplay Statistics[edit | edit source]
General Information[edit | edit source]
The IAV Stryker is an 8-wheel APC and ICV. It was designed by the Canadian branch of the American company General Dynamic Land Systems in 2000 and is based off the Swiss Piranha III 8x8. The Stryker was later adopted into the US Army in 2002 as the standard APC and ICV alongside with the M113 APC. The Stryker is currently used by the United States and Peru. Chile, Colombia, and Iraq are currently interested in purchasing the vehicle.
The IAV Stryker ICV weighs 18.16 short tons (16.47 t), is 22 ft 10 in (6.95 m) long, 8 ft 11 in (2.72 m) wide, and 8 ft 8 in (2.64 m) tall. The Stryker can be driven by up to a crew of 2 (1 driver and 1 gunner) and can hold 9 passengers. The vehicle has 14.5 mm round-resistant armor, designed to withstand .50 cal attacks and rockets. This M1126 Infantry Carrier Vehicle model is armed with a .50 cal M2A1 heavy machine gun and powered by a 350 hp Caterpillar C7 engine. It can reach up to a speed of 60 mph (97 km/h).
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The IAV Stryker is the the closest equivalent fire support vehicle of the US Army to the Russian BTR-80, being a little bit more armoured but having a slightly weaker machine gun (12.7 mm M2A1 compared to a 14.5 mm KPVT).
- The Stryker can hold 11 people: 2 crew and 9 passengers.
- The Stryker's respawn timer is 8 minutes due to the fact it is a fire support vehicle.
- The ticket value of the Stryker is 35.
- As of v9.5, the Stryker is the most heavily armoured vehicle in the game, taking 4 HEAT rounds from an RPG-7 to kill it and holding out the longest against heavy machine gun fire. The Irregular forces Tandem warhead RPG will still kill it in one shot however.
- The Stryker's M2A1 is a CROWS variant, remotely operated from within the vehicle.
- The M2A1 rises high above the vehicles roof. Parking a Stryker along a high wall with just the gun sticking out is a popular strategy.
Media[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- IAV stands for Interim Armored Vehicle.
- The IAV Stryker is named after two American servicemen who posthumously received the Medal of Honor: Stuart S. Stryker (died in World War II) and Robert F. Stryker (died in the Vietnam War; unrelated to each other).
- The Canadian branch of General Dynamics Land Systems created the original variant for the Canadian forces, in the form of the LAV III and the Coyote Reconnaisance Vehicle. The final version for the US is significantly different from the original Canadian vehicles.