General information[edit | edit source]
The LAV 6.0 is a heavily upgraded variant of the LAV III (Kodiak) ordered by the Canadian Government in stages from 2011 to 2017. The LAV III was beginning to show its age after a decade and a half of service, and it was determined that an upgrade program for the existing fleet was cheaper than purchasing a new vehicle entirely. General Dynamics Land - Canada were awarded the contract and by December 2019 they had upgraded 616 vehicles to the LAV 6 configuration. The upgrade program included a more powerful engine, increased armour protection, new steering and brake hydraulics, larger crew hatches, higher ground clearance. a double-V shaped hull for mines and IEDs, improved fire control and optics for the main gun, and a complete overhaul of the internal data displays. The final result was a vehicle that weighed in 17,000 lbs heavier than the original LAV III, and had increased armour protection across the board.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The LAV 6.0 is available to the Canadian Army.
|Main Armament||M242 Bushmaster||25 mm||M919 Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot-Tracer||60|
|MK210 High Explosive-Incendiary Tracer||150|
|Secondary Armament||C6||7.62 mm||2x 440 (+1)|
|Countermeasure||Smoke Launcher||40 mm||2|
- Standard crew of 3. Driver, gunner, commander. 7 passengers can be carried in the back.
- The commander has access to a periscope that features hunter-killer functionality, granting the commander the ability to focus the gunner's cannon on a target. The commander's periscope features two zoom levels.
- It is essentially an M1126 or LAV III armed with the main gun of the M2A3 IFV and with better armor, but without ATGMs, on a lighter (therefore faster) wheeled chassis. It has an edge in speed and maneuverability compared to tracked IFVs, and can even take them on with proper positioning. The lack of ATGMs however prevents the LAV 6.0 from fighting main battle tanks.
- Since it's a wheeled vehicle, the tires can be popped by enemy fire similar to the BTRs of the Russian Ground Forces.
- Despite it carrying the same weapon as the M2A3 IFV, it carries less ammunition for the main gun: 60 armor piercing rounds (compared to 70) and 150 high explosive rounds (compared to 250). The coaxial C6 general purpose machine gun also carries less ammo: 440+1 per ammo box (compared to 800+1).
Vehicle Info Sheet[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]