Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
General information[edit | edit source]
The Leopard 2 is a main battle tank developed in the 1970s. The tank first entered service in 1979 and succeeded the earlier Leopard 1 as the main battle tank of the German Army. Various versions have served in the armed forces of Germany and other European countries, as well as several non-European nations, including Canada.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The Leopard 2A6M is the main battle tank available to the Canadian Army. It can hold a crew of four: a driver, gunner, commander, and a loader.
The gunner has access to:
|Main Armament||Rheinmetall Rh-120 L/55||120 mm||DM33 Armor-Piercing Sabot|
|DM12 High Explosive Anti-Tank|
|Secondary Armament||M240||7.62 mm|
|Countermeasure||Smoke Launcher||40 mm|
- The driver has access to smoke via a smoke generator for defensive purposes.
- The commander has access to a periscope that features hunter-killer functionality, granting the commander the ability to focus the gunner's cannon on a target. The commander's periscope features three zoom levels.
- The loader's seat features a C6 general purpose machine gun (GPMG), essentially similar to the M240 found on the M1A2 loader's seat, albeit the C6 does not need to be reloaded.
- The Leopard 2A6M is the only MBT in the game with a manual ranging function, meaning that the gunner can and has to adjust the gunsight depending on the range of the target, similar to what most infantry weapons do. The sights can be adjusted by pressing X and moving the mouse wheel up or down, and can be reset by double-tapping the X key.
- Like the FV510 infantry fighting vehicle, the Leopard 2A6M has two variants in-game. One variant has slat or cage armor on the sides, offering increased protection, while the other has none.
- As of Beta 20, turret resistance to incoming fire has been improved. Additionally, the ammo rack health pool has also been increased.
- The wedge-shaped composite screen armor on the turret of the Leopard 2A6M makes the turret cheeks exceptionally resistant to incoming anti-tank fire. However, unlike other MBTs (with exception to the T-62) in Squad, the ammunition rack of the Leopard 2A6M is located in the front of the hull to the left of the driver. When facing the Leopard, this weakness would present itself on the right side of the hull. Exploiting this weakness and concentrating fire on the hull will increase the chances of a critical hit that may result in an ammunition cook-off.
Vehicle Info Sheet[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]