General Information[edit | edit source]
The M-ATV is a 4-wheel mine resistant ambush protected (MRAP) all terrain vehicle (ATV). The vehicle was designed and built by the OshKosh Corporation of Oshkosh, Wisconsin in 2009, and adopted by the US Army in the same year as the standard light MRAP.
The vehicle weighs 16.25 tons (14.74 tonnes), is 20.57 ft (6.27 m) long, 8.17 ft (2.49 m) wide and 8.75 ft (2.67 m) tall. Its armor is Plasan Composite and it has a V-shaped hull to offer protection from IED attacks whilst a central tire inflation system and run-flat insets that allow the vehicle to travel at least 30 miles at 30 mph even if two tires lose pressure. The vehicle can be equipped with a large variety of weaponry including an M240 Machine Gun, Mk 19 grenade launcher, BGM-71 TOW ATGM, and the MILAN ATGM. The engine is a 7.2 liter inline-6 Caterpillar C7 turbodiesel, producing 370 brake horsepower. It has a maximum payload capacity of 4,000 pounds and go 510 km on a single tank of gas. The M-ATV can reach a top speed of 105 kmph (65.24 mph).
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The M-ATV is only used by one faction: the US Army.
- The M-ATV is fitted with the powerful .50 cal M2A1 Browning HMG that is capable of moderate penetration of certain cover, and can quickly destroy lightly armored targets.
- The M-ATV is lightly armored, and can withstand almost all small arms fire, but .50 cal attacks and RPG-7s are capable of destroying it in a short amount of time. A 30 mm cannon will destroy it in seconds and a HAT warhead will kill it instantly.
- The M-ATV will only be instantly disabled by an IED giving players a chance to dismount and stay in the fight.
Variants[edit | edit source]
M1240 M-ATV[edit | edit source]
<text to be added>
M1277 M-ATV CROWS[edit | edit source]
The M-ATV CROWS comes with a unique CROWS remote operated turret, with a .50 cal M2A1 Browning HMG mounted. The turret offers the gunner far greater ability to zoom in and acquire a target, and keeps the gunner protected inside the vehicle. The gun has 500 rounds and its ammo can only be replenished at repair stations. Added on Alpha v11, the CROWS weapon system on the M-ATV was reworked with an ammunition tracker, rangefinder, turret orientation indicator, and 3 levels of zoom.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- CROWS stand for Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station.
- On 9.12, the M-ATV replaced the Humvee in-game as a result of licensing issues so the Humvee is out of service for the final result of the game as of now.