M1151 Enhanced Armament Carrier
The M1151 Enhanced Armament Carrier (ECV) High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV), also known as the Humvee, is a fire support vehicle available in Squad. The Humvee was adopted in 1984 as the standard armored car of the United States Army (US Army).
Statistics[edit | edit source]
General Information[edit | edit source]
The Humvee is a 4-wheel drive military light-armored truck. It was designed by AM General to replace the outdated M151 Quarter-Ton Jeep and the M561 Gama Goat in 1979. The US Army later adopted the Humvee in 1984 as the standard armored car and saw first action in the U.S. invasion of Panama in 1989. The Humvee is used by numerous countries and non-state organizations worldwide, from Chile to Iraq, and Hezbollah to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL). Many variants of the Humvee are created, both from the homeland and foreign, such as the M966A1 and the M1035A2.
The Humvee weighs 3.2 short tons/2.86 long tons (2.9 tonnes), is 16.4 feet (5 meters) long, 7 ft 1 in (2.16 m) wide, and 6.33 feet (1.93 meters) high. The Humvee can hold 1 driver, 1 gunner, and 3 passengers. The vehicle has a 380 lbf, V8 turbo 6.5 liter diesel engine, enclosed roof, all-wheel drive, and mounted on a narrow steel frame. The Humvee may use one or several of a large group of weapon systems, but the model featured uses the .50 cal M2A1 Browning HMG, which is efficient at mowing down infantry. The Humvee can reach up to a top speed of 112 km/h (69.6 mph).
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The standard Humvee can hold up to 5 players: 1 driver, 1 gunner, and 3 passengers while the CROWS version can hold up to only 4 players: 1 driver, 1 gunner, and 2 passengers.
- Both Humvee versions have a respawn timer of 6 minutes.
- The ticket value of the standard Humvee is 8 while the CROWS version's ticket value has 12.
- The Humvee is fitted with the powerful .50 cal M2A1 Browning HMG that is capable of moderate penetration of certain cover, and can quickly destroy lightly armored targets.
- The Humvee is lightly armored, and can withstand almost all small arms fire, but .50 cal attacks and RPG-7s are capable of destroying a Humvee in a short amount of time. A 30 mm cannon or the HAT tandem warhead will destroy the vehicle in a matter of seconds.
- The Humvee has high speed and maneuverability making it an effective hit-and-run choice or good for scouting for hostile vehicles.
Variants[edit | edit source]
M1151 HMMVW CROWS[edit | edit source]
The M1151 HMMVW CROWS comes with a unique CROWS remote operated turret, with a .50 cal M2A1 Browning HMG mounted. The turret offers the gunner far greater ability to zoom in and acquire a target, and keeps the gunner protected inside the vehicle. The gun has 500 rounds and its ammo can only be replenished at repair stations. The M1151 HMMVW CROWS can hold 4 players inside (1 driver/gunner, rest passengers), has a re-spawn time of 6 minutes, and has a ticket value of 12 tickets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- CROWS stand for Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station.