M203 Grenade Launcher
The M203 Grenade Launcher is an available attachment available for the M4A1 Carbine, which is one of the Weapons available in Squad. The M203 is adopted by the United States Army (US Army) since 1969.
General Information[edit | edit source]
The M203 is an under-barrel grenade launcher for the M16 series rifles and M4 carbine variants. The M203 fires a 40 mm explosive round which is highly effective against infantry targets and is single-shot. The M203 is intended to be used for close fire support against area targets. The rounds used for the M203 are very effective and can break windows and doors, cause many causalities, and damage light vehicles. It saw first action in the Vietnam War in the 1970s.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The M203 is used by only one faction, the US Army. It is issued to the grenadier class.
- Each grenadier is given 10 HEDP (high explosive dual purpose) grenades and 6 smoke marker grenades (2 red, 2 blue, 2 white) for the M203.
- The grenade launcher in Squad is intended for medium to long range use. If a player does attempt to fire it within close proximity i.e. 10 m, the round will not explode.
- Grenade launchers have a similar blast radius to grenades, meaning anyone near the point of impact will die and those further away will be damaged, possibly causing them to bleed.
- Unlike it's counterpart in Squad, the GP-25, players are able to aim the grenade launcher using a leaf sight, located in front of the of the iron sights, or as in later builds, an Aimpoint. Like its GP-25 counterpart, no range indicators can be found on the leaf sight in the current build of the game.
- There are a selection of smoke grenades which have more use on the AL Bashra map being that it can be used to block multiple levels of the building. This hampers the field of view of the defenders.
Media[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The M203 is planned for replacement by the German Heckler-Koch M320 grenade launcher module in 2020 as the standard grenade launcher for the US Army.