General Information[edit | edit source]
The M2A1 Browning Machine Gun is a short-recoil, closed-bolt operated HMG. The M2A1 Browning is the modern variant of the M2 Browning machine gun, which was designed by John M. Browning in 1918. The M2 Browning machine gun was later adopted by the United States Army (U.S. Army) in 1933 and has been used extensively in almost every war the United States was involved in. The M2A1 is designed by General Dynamics in 2007 and was adopted by the U.S. Army in 2010 as the standard HMG. It is also used as the standard HMG for the British Army under the designation L111A1.
The M2A1 adopts many features from its parent, such as the M3 tripod, 1,143 mm (45.0 in) barrel, iron sights, and handles. However, unlike the M2, the M2A1 incorporates improvements such a quick change barrel (QCB) with removable carrying handle, a new slotted flash suppressor that reduces muzzle flash by 95 percent, fixed headspace and timing, a modified bolt, and a manual trigger block safety. Like its parent, the M2A1 uses 12.7x99mm cartridges.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The M2A1 is available to two factions, the U.S. Army and the British Army.
- Five separate types of vehicles are currently equipped with the M2A1 HMG. Both the M1240 M-ATV .50Cal open top and M1277 M-ATV CROWS with remote operated turret are equipped with the M2A1. Both of the APCs for the U.S. Army and British Army, the IAV Stryker and the Bulldog respectively, are armed with the M2A1 HMG. The commander seat on the M1A2 has access to a remote operated M2A1.
- The M2A1 is an emplacement for both the U.S. Army and British Army.
- An M2A1 ammunition belt can hold either 50 or 100 rounds.
- The effective range of the M2A1 is 1.83 kilometers.
Tip[edit | edit source]
- The firepower of .50 cal should not be underestimated, as those bullets penetrate all current in-game armor and dispose of groups of enemy personnel with relative ease of pulling the trigger and holding it for a couple of seconds.
- Though accurate, firing short bursts is extremely effective in long range engagements. Use this to your advantage.
- Like all heavy machine guns, it features a long reload time. Conservation of ammunition will prove helpful to last through your ammunition belt instead of burning through it just so you do not have to reload at the wrong time.