Gameplay Statistics [edit | edit source]
General Information[edit | edit source]
The M2A3 is a new Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV) for the US Army. Bridging the gap between Armored Personnel Carriers and Main Battle Tanks, IFVs are used by U.S. Army for reconnaissance and infantry transportation, providing them protection from small arms fire, while also providing firepower to both suppress and eliminate most threats to friendly infantry. It is designed to be highly maneuverable and to be fast enough to keep up with heavy armor during an advance.
The M2A3 is an amphibious tracked IFV. Designed in 1981 as a response to the Soviet (now Russian) BMP series, the M2A3 was to serve as an APC and a tank destroyer. The M2A3 was adopted by the US Army the same year it was designed and today, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon now use the vehicle as well. The M2A3 update was introduced in 2000.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Since the M2A3 IFV bridges the gap between Armored Personnel Carriers (APC) and Main Battle Tanks, it is much more flexible than many other APCs. Thus, it must be employed efficiently, or else risk a crippling blow to the US Army advance in the battlefield.
- The M2A3 Fighting Vehicle's 25mm cannon is capable of engaging any vehicle. Its much stronger armor provides the capability of surviving an engagement with most armored vehicles even if the enemy sees you first. TOW missiles allow it to potentially immediately destroy even Main Battle Tanks, depending, like all weapons, on range to target and the angle and location of impact on the target(s).
- The 3 crew are operated by the crewman kit, Commander, Driver, Gunner.
- The M2A3 is fitted with the 25mm chaingun, firing armor-piercing sabot (70 rounds) and high explosive rounds (230 rounds), as well as a turret-mounted BGM-71 TOW launcher with 2 TOW wire-guided missiles ready to fire (after first shot the 2nd missile must be manually reloaded). This makes it capable of engaging and killing any threat it comes across.
- The TOW missiles take a second or two to become ready to fire, as they have to "deploy" first. Keep this in mind.
- In Squad the TOW has a range limit of 1500 meters (balancing reasons).
- The M2A3 has its engine located on the front and its ammunition storage shaped like a "U" under the turret. The image shows the M2A3 (left) and the M1A2 (right) with the locations of its components.
- Hitting the ammunition storage, depending on the damage, may potentially destroy the tank entirely through ammo cook-off.
- Hitting the engine can hinder the M2A3's mobility. Damaging the engine reduces the vehicle's acceleration and top speed, which destroying it will render the vehicle immobile.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- IFV stands for Infantry Fighting Vehicle.
- The M2A3 is named after US Army General Omar Nelson M2A3.
- The M2A3 was released in Alpha 11