Gameplay Statistics [edit | edit source]
General Information[edit | edit source]
The M2A3 Bradley is a new Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV) for the US Army. Bridging the gap between Armored Personnel Carriers and Main Battle Tanks, IFVs are used by U.S. Army for reconnaissance and infantry transportation, providing them protection from small arms fire, while also providing firepower to both suppress and eliminate most threats to friendly infantry. It is designed to be highly maneuverable and to be fast enough to keep up with heavy armor during an advance.
The Bradley is an amphibious tracked IFV. Designed as a response to the Soviet (now Russian) BMP series by American manufacturer United Defense (now BAE Systems Land & Armaments) in 1981, the Bradley was to serve as an APC and a tank destroyer. The Bradley was adopted by the US Army the same year it was designed and today, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon now use the vehicle as well. The M2A3 update was introduced in 2000.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Since the Bradley IFV bridges the gap between Armored Personnel Carriers (APC) and Main Battle Tanks, it is much more flexible than many other APCs. Thus, it must be employed efficiently, or else risk a crippling blow to the US Army advance in the battlefield.
- The Bradley Fighting Vehicle's 25mm cannon is capable of engaging any vehicle. Its much stronger armor provides the capability of surviving an engagement with most armored vehicles even if the enemy sees you first. TOW missiles allow it to potentially immediately destroy even Main Battle Tanks, depending, like all weapons, on range to target and the angle and location of impact on the target(s).
- The 3 crew are operated by the crewman kit, Commander, Driver, Gunner.
- The Bradley is fitted with the 25mm chaingun, firing armor-piercing sabot (70 rounds) and high explosive rounds (230 rounds), as well as a turret-mounted BGM-71 TOW launcher with 2 TOW wire-guided missiles ready to fire (after first shot the 2nd missile must be manually reloaded). This makes it capable of engaging and killing any threat it comes across.
- The TOW missiles take a second or two to become ready to fire, as they have to "deploy" first. Keep this in mind.
- In Squad the TOW has a range limit of 1500 meters (balancing reasons).
- The Bradley has its engine located on the front and its ammunition storage shaped like a "U" under the turret. The image shows the Bradley (left) and the Abrams (right) with the locations of its components.
- Hitting the ammunition storage, depending on the damage, may potentially destroy the tank entirely through ammo cook-off.
- Hitting the engine can hinder the Bradley's mobility. Damaging the engine reduces the vehicle's acceleration and top speed, which destroying it will render the vehicle immobile.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Media[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- IFV stands for Infantry Fighting Vehicle.
- The Bradley is named after US Army General Omar Nelson Bradley.
- The Bradley was released in Alpha 11