Gameplay Statistics [edit | edit source]
General Information[edit | edit source]
The M2A3 Bradley is a new Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV) for the US Army. Bridging the gap between Armored Personnel Carriers and Main Battle Tanks, IFVs are used by U.S. Army for reconnaissance and infantry transportation, providing them protection from small arms fire, while also providing firepower to both suppress and eliminate most threats to friendly infantry. It is designed to be highly maneuverable and to be fast enough to keep up with heavy armor during an advance.
The Bradley is an amphibious tracked IFV. Designed as a response to the Soviet (now Russian) BMP series by American manufacturer United Defense (now BAE Systems Land & Armaments) in 1981, the Bradley was to serve as an APC and a tank destroyer. The Bradley was adopted by the US Army the same year it was designed and today, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon now use the vehicle as well. The M2A3 update was introduced in 2000.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Since the Bradley IFV bridges the gap between Armored Personnel Carriers (APC) and Main Battle Tanks, it is designed to be the most powerful vehicle in Squad as of Alpha v11. Thus, it must be employed efficiently, or else risk a crippling blow to the US Army advance in the battlefield.
- The Bradley is an effective APC as well as a fire support vehicle.
- The 2 crew are operated by the crewman kit to man the armament and to drive the vehicle.
- The Bradley is fitted with the 25mm chaingun, firing armor-piercing sabot (70 rounds) and high explosive rounds (230 rounds), as well as a turret-mounted BGM-71 TOW launcher with 2 TOW wire-guided missiles ready to fire (after first shot the 2nd missile must be manually reloaded). This makes it the most heavily armed vehicle in the game, hence its price in respawn timer and ticket value, and makes a great threat to enemies on the battlefield.
- The TOW missiles take a second or two to become ready to fire, as they have to "deploy" first. Keep this in mind.
- In Squad the TOW has a range limit of 1500 meters (balancing reasons).
- As part of Squad's upcoming vehicle components system, the Bradley would have its engine located on the front and its ammunition storage shaped like a "U" under the turret. For enemies, these two components are weaknesses that could potential cripple the Bradley in doing combat. Hitting the ammunition storage, depending on the damage, may potentially destroy the tank entirely, while hitting the engine may hinder the Bradley's mobility. The image shown in the section shows the Bradley (left) and the Abrams (right) with the locations of its components.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Media[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- IFV stands for Infantry Fighting Vehicle.
- The Bradley is named after US Army General Omar Nelson Bradley.
- The Bradley was released in Alpha 11