Not to be confused with its parent, the M4 Carbine.
General Information[edit | edit source]
The M4A1 Carbine is a gas-operated, rotating bolt, magazine fed carbine. The M4A1 Carbine is an automatic variant of the M4 Carbine, which is limited to semi-automatic and 3-round burst fire modes. The M4A1 was designed from the M4 and was adopted by the US Army in 2012. It became the standard assault rifle/carbine of the US Army in 2014 and is expected to replace all standard M4s.
Like the M4, the M4A1 Carbine incorporates a telescoping stock, Picatinny rail, and a 370 mm (14.5 in) barrel. Like all carbines, the M4A1 is compact in size and smaller than an average assault rifle so it is easier to handle and carry. The weapon is intended for short to medium range engagements, however, it is capable of effectively engaging long range targets when used with magnified optics. The M4A1 uses ghost-ring iron sights but the Picatinny rail can house other sights for the firearm as well; many such as the ACOG and the M68 (Red Dot). The M4A1 Carbine can also mount a Grenade Launcher on its underbarrel; mainly the M203 Grenade Launcher. Like its parent, the M4 Carbine, the M4A1 is chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO.
It is accurate to about 3 MOA (approximately 9cm at 100m).
Variants[edit | edit source]
- M4A1 + Red Dot Sight - Most common rifle variant, used by Riflemen, Squad Leaders, some fire support soldiers, and Medics. The red dot sight does not provide any magnification to the user, however, the presence of a red dot sight significantly helps in aiming down and acquiring a target at a distance.
- M4A1 + Optic- Uncommon variant. Only available to specialist Riflemen (ACOG Rifleman) and the Squad leader. The ACOG variant provides a 4x magnification which allows the user to more effectively engage in medium to long range combat.
- M4 Carbine + Foregrip - A alternative variant of the carbine on offer to standard Riflemen. This weapon forgoes a Red Dot Sight in exchange for a Forward Grip. The forward grip significantly helps in controlling recoil, as instead of moving more uncontrollably it instead moves upwards predictable, making it very easy to keep the gun on full auto on a single target. This weapon is intended for close range combat due to its lack of an optic sight.
- M4A1 + M203 - Only available to the Grenadier role. This Carbine comes equipped with an underbarrel M203 Grenade Launcher, in addition to a red dot sight.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The M4A1 Carbine magazine holds 30 rounds.
- Can be fired on automatic or semi-automatic.
- The M4A1 Carbine is only used by one faction; the US Army. It is not to be confused with the M4 Carbine, which is used by both the US Army and the Irregular Militia faction and can only fire in semi-automatic or 3 round burst.
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
- It is worth mentioning that the ACOG variant of the weapon has significantly increased recoil in the current build of the game. It would be expected for the gun to have the same recoil but be exaggerated due to the magnification on the weapon, but this is not the case (as seen in the image).
- In the Alpha V5 update a significant increase to weapon sway was introduced, this can be seen greatly on the ACOG variant due to the magnification of the scope.