General Information[edit | edit source]
The HX60 is a family of general purpose tactical military trucks designed in 2002 and manufactured in Germany. It mass produced in 2004, and sent into service in 2007. The MAN HX was ordered by the UK Defence Procurement Agency in October 2004 to fulfill the British Army's need of a support vehicle. Several variants of the HX60 are made and the HX60 is distributed to a number of operators around the world.
The HX60 weighs 13.5 tonnes(13.3 long tons, 14.9 short tons), and is 10.3 m long (33.8 ft), 2.5 m wide (8.2 ft), 3.3 m high (10.8 ft). The vehicle uses the D2066, 10.518-liter, 6-cylinder inline water-cooled EURO 4 compliant diesel engine whose power is 440 hp. It can reach up to a speed of 62 mph (100 km/h).
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The number of crew and passengers that a HX60 can hold depends on the variant. The crew has no protection and as such, is extremely exposed.
- The HX60 has no armament at all. The vehicle must be protected by infantry or fire support vehicles, or simply kept away from enemy controlled areas.
- The HX60 has almost non-existent armor, and can be quickly destroyed by .50 cal ammunition and RPG-7 fire. Even small arms fire can disable the engine and destroy the tires relatively easily. Keep this vehicle out of danger if at all possible.
- While the truck is stopped, any teammate in or next to the truck can load and unload the supplies using the radial vehicle interaction menu (press and hold F). Multiple players can load or unload the vehicle faster than if it were just one player.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Transport variant[edit | edit source]
The HX60 Transport variant is best for fast movement of a squad to different places around the map.
Logistics Statistics[edit | edit source]
The HX60 Logistics variant exchanges its passenger capacity for carrying supplies to squads to build forward operating bases.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As one of the starting two vehicles of the British Army (the other being the FV510), the HX60 was added in on Alpha v11.