General Information[edit | edit source]
The MAN HX is a family of general purpose tactical military trucks designed and manufactured by Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles (RMMV) of Germany. It was designed in 2002, mass produced in 2004, and sent into service in 2007. The MAN HX was ordered by the UK Defence Procurement Agency in October 2004 to fulfill the British Army's need of a support vehicle, in which a contract was awarded in March 2005. Several variants of the MAN HX are made and the MAN HX is distributed to a number of operators around the world.
The MAN HX weighs 13.5 tonnes(13.3 long tons, 14.9 short tons), and is 10.3 m long (33.8 ft), 2.5 m wide (8.2 ft), 3.3 m high (10.8 ft). The vehicle uses the MAN D2066, 10.518-liter, 6-cylinder inline water-cooled EURO 4 compliant diesel engine whose power is 440 hp. It can reach up to a speed of 62 mph (100 km/h).
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The number of crew and passengers that a MAN HX can hold depends on the variant. The crew has no protection and as such, is extremely exposed.
- The MAN HX has no armament at all. The vehicle must be protected by infantry or fire support vehicles, or simply kept away from enemy controlled areas.
- The MAN HX has almost non-existent armor, and can be quickly destroyed by .50 cal ammunition and RPG-7 fire. Even small arms fire can disable the engine and destroy the tires relatively easily. Keep this vehicle out of danger if at all possible.
- The driver of the vehicle loads and unloads the supplies using the RMB and LMB respectively.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Transport variant[edit | edit source]
The MAN HX Transport variant is best for fast movement of a squad to different places around the map.
Logistics Statistics[edit | edit source]
The MAN HX Logistics variant exchanges its passenger capacity for carrying supplies to squads to build forward operating bases.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As one of the starting two vehicles of the British Army (the other being the FV510 Warrior), the MAN HX was added in on Alpha v11.