The MP-443 Grach is one of the Weapons available in Squad. The MP-443 is the standard military sidearm for the Russian Ground Forces (RGF) and used by all branches of the Russian military and law enforcement since 2003.
General Description[edit | edit source]
The MP-443 Grach is a semi-automatic short recoil locked breech pistol. It is designed by Vladimir Yarygin and took 7 years to finalize the design (1993 to 2000). It was then adopted by the RGF as the standard military sidearm in 2003, replacing the Makarov Pistol (PM). The MP-443 was also supposed to replace the PM as the standard sidearm for the Russian police force but financial issues and that the PM were numerous in the Russian Federation gave the MP-443 a slow adoption for the police force in the Russian Federation. The MP-443 is mainly used by Russian special police forces while the PM is mainly used by Russian regular police units. However, predictions were made that the MP-443 would fully replace all PMs by 2019. The MP-443 is only used by two nations, the Russian Federation and Kazakhstan, in which it was used as the sidearm for the security of Kazakh private companies.
The MP-443 has a polymer grip, rectangular breech end, an ambidextrous safety, stainless steel barrel, and carbon steel frame and slide. The MP-443's barrel/slide locking is a simplified Colt-Browning design. The MP-443 The sidearm has a short recoil operation and a double action trigger. The MP-443 uses 9x19mm Parabellum and 9×19mm 7N21 +P+ cartridges.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The MP-443 Grach magazine holds 17 rounds.
- Can be fired on only semi-automatic.
- The MP-443 Grach is only used by one faction; the RGF.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Grach ( Грач) means from Russian to English, "rook".
- The MP-443 Grach is also known as the PYa which stands for Pistolet Yarygina (Пистолет Ярыгина) which means from Russian to English, "Yarygin's pistol".
- A civilian version of the MP-443 Grach was created: the MP-446 Viking.