The MT-LBM IFV is a Fire Support Vehicle added to Squad during update A9. The MT-LBM was adopted as the standard multi-purpose fully amphibious auxiliary armored tracked vehicle of the Russian Ground Forces (RGF) in the late 1990s. The MT-LBM is the modern variant of the Soviet MT-LB APC which was used by the Red Army until the collapse of the Soviet Union.
General Information[edit | edit source]
The MT-LBM is a Russian multi-purpose fully amphibious auxiliary armored tracked vehicle as well as an armored personnel carrier (APC) and infantry carrier vehicle (ICV) developed by Muromteplovoz in the 1990s. The MT-LBM is the modern variant of the Soviet-era MT-LB which was designed by the Soviet Central Auto and Tractor Directorate in the 1960s. The MT-LBM was adopted as the the standard multi-purpose fully amphibious auxiliary armored tracked vehicle of the RGF in the same decade it was developed. There are many variants of the MT-LBM as it has a wide array of armaments.
The MT-LBM weighs 11.9 tonnes (13.1 short tons; 11.7 long tons), is 6.45 m (21 ft 2 in) long, 2.86 m (9 ft 5 in) wide, and 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in) tall without a unique turret. This vehicle has 14 mm armor and a turret that can either hold a NSVT heavy machine gun or a 30mm cannon as its armament, and a YaMZ 238 v-8 diesel engine with 240 hp at 2,100 rpm. It can go up to a speed of 73 km/h (45.36 mph).
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The number of crew and passengers that an MT-LBM can hold depends on the variant. Combined with enough armor to protect the occupants from small arms and grenades, it is an excellent vehicle for transporting troops into or out of a firefight.
- The armor on the MT-LBM is decent enough but weaker than the most of the other armoured vehicles in-game, don't expect it to last to long under heavy fire.
- The Squad community refer the MT-LBM as the Track, which was named after the tracked wheels the MT-LBM has. Another unofficial name is the "Shitbox".
- This vehicle is very loud when compared to other vehicles. The enemy are going to hear it long before they see it, and with its weaker armour, it should be used with more caution than the thicker skinned APCs.
Variants[edit | edit source]
MT-LBM 6M NSVT[edit | edit source]
The variant shown above as portrayed in the game is the MT-LB-VMK which replaces the turret mounted machine gun with a remotely operated NSVT heavy machine gun and entered service with Russia in 2011. They primarily use the vehicle as an armored personnel carrier in mountain brigades and in at least one naval infantry (arctic) brigade. An additional 1,600 rounds of 12.7-mm ammunition can be transported between the benches in the troop compartment.
The MT-LBM 6M is only used by the RGF. The 6M uses the NSVT heavy machine gun, which is excellent for dealing with infantry threats and can destroy Technicals, logistical and transport trucks, and MATVs with enough sustained fire.
MT-LBM 6MB[edit | edit source]
The MT-LBM 6MB is used by the Russian Ground Forces as well as the Irregular Militia. Instead of using a machine gun, the 6MB has a 2A72 30mm autocannon as its main armament, located in a turret at the rear of the vehicle, which can fire armor-piercing rounds that can shred lightly armored and unarmored targets in seconds, or high explosive rounds to deal with infantry threats. This makes the 6MB a prominent threat to the support vehicles of any faction, from the Technical to the M1126 The 6MB's weakness comes from the fact that it is still an MT-LBM variant, sporting weaker armour and lower top speed than other similar vehicles. The M1126 and BTR-82 are faster and better armoured, and the M2A3 and FV510 have frontal armour that it cannot penetrate. The MT-LB-6MB also employs a coaxial PKTM general purpose machine gun.
MT-LBM 6MA KPVT[edit | edit source]
The MT-LBM 6MA is used only by the Russian Ground Forces. The 6MA is equipped with a 14.5 mm KPVT Heavy Machine Gun, the same armament as the BTR-80 and the BRDM-2 Armoured Car. Its armament neatly bridges the gap between the 6M and the 6MB variants. Whilst the 6M's NSVT is excellent for dealing with infantry and the 6MB's 30 mm cannon shreds lighter skinned vehicles, the 6MA's KPVT is well known for decently handling both threats. Simply put, it's an MT-LB with the KPV machine gun turret.
Media[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- MT-LB stands for Mnogotselevoy Tyagach Legky Bronirovanny (Многоцелевой Тягач Лёгкий Бронированный) which means from Russian to English, "Multi-Purpose Towing Vehicle Light Armored". The M in MT-LBM means Модернизированный which translates from Russian to English; "Modernized" or "Improved".
See Also[edit | edit source]
- 34th Mountain Brigade – military equipment. March 20, 2011. Photo number 53. Retrieved November 7, 2016 from http://twower.livejournal.com/510949.html