Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
After starting the Squad client, you will be sent to the main menu.
In the main menu you will have the following choices:
- Back-button: Brings you back to the main screen.
- Server browser: Choose a licensed server to join a multiplayer game.
- Custom servers: Choose a custom (unlicensed or modded) server to join a multiplayer game.
- Training: Starts a local game which allows you to fire all weapons available in Squad on the map Jensen Range.
- Settings: In the settings menu you can set your options for the gameplay, video, sound and controls.
- Credit: Shows a list of all developers and other contributors.
- Power-button icon:
- Exit game: Exit Squad and goes back to Windows.
- Disconnect: When you are in a match, click here to leave the match and get back to the main menu.
- Music widget: On the bottom left-hand corner you have a music widget. Here you can play songs from the Squad original soundtrack (also available as DLC on Steam). The widget can play music in the main menu and in-game during matches.
- Screen Shot Mode: On the bottom right-hand corner you can toggle the screen shot mode - this will enable or disable all in-game HUB elements.
If you are playing in a match, you can bring up the menu at any time by pressing ESC.
On the left-hand side, you see the "message of the day" with useful and changing information.
In the bottom left-hand corner, you will see the current release version Squad you are running, e.g. "Squad a-188.8.131.5200-4.21.2-SHIPPING". The first few digits are the most relevant ones: "a-15.4" stands for Alpha version 15.4. For full release changelogs, please see Release Versions.
In the bottom left-hand corner, you also see the current Steam status. If offline, you will not able to play multiplayer games.