After starting the Squad client, you will be sent to the main menu.
In the main menu you will have the following choices:
- Back-button: Brings you back to the main screen.
- Server browser: Choose a licensed server to join a multiplayer game.
- Custom servers: Choose a custom (unlicensed or modded) server to join a multiplayer game.
- Modding: View your downloaded/subscribed mods.
- Shooting Range: Starts a local game which allows you to fire all weapons available in Squad on the map Jensen Range.
- Settings: In the settings menu you can set your options for the gameplay, video, sound and controls.
- Credit: Shows a list of all developers and other contributors.
- Power-button icon:
- Exit game: Exit Squad and goes back to Windows.
- Disconnect: When you are in a match, click here to leave the match and get back to the main menu.
- Music widget: On the bottom left-hand corner you have a music widget. Here you can play songs from the Squad original soundtrack (also available as DLC on Steam). The widget can play music in the main menu and in-game during matches.
- Screen Shot Mode: On the bottom right-hand corner you can toggle the screen shot mode - this will enable or disable all in-game HUB elements.
If you are playing in a match, you can bring up the menu at any time by pressing ESC.
On the left-hand side, you see the "message of the day" with useful and changing information.
In the bottom left-hand corner, you will see the current release version Squad you are running, e.g. "Squad a-10.1.348-4.16.3-SHIPPING". The first few digits are the most relevant ones: "a-10.1" stands for Alpha version 10.1. For full release changelogs, please see Release Versions.
In the bottom left-hand corner, you also see the current Steam status. If offline, you will not able to play multiplayer games.