The Marksman is one of the Kits available for players to use in Squad. Each faction in the game has their own version, equipped with a standard designated marksman rifle (DMR)/sniper rifle common to that faction.
Description[edit | edit source]
The primary objective of the marksman is to provide long range combat support for the squad. The secondary objective of the marksman is to conduct scouting operations in tactical vantage points against the enemy. This role is equipped with a rifle featuring a high-powered optic for long range engagements, a sidearm for emergencies, a field dressing for wounds, grenades (two variants), and a shovel for construction of deployables. This role is strongly recommended to be used in large, open maps with little cover or urban maps with tall buildings. It is strongly discouraged to use the marksman in close quarters combat. If used correctly, the marksman can be the most lethal member of the squad and can inflict heavy casualties on the enemy when least expected.
Equipment by Faction[edit | edit source]
|Faction||US Army||Insurgents||Russian Ground Forces||irregular Militia|
|PRIMARY WEAPON||M110 SASS (with optic), 4 mags||SVD (with optic), 6 mags||SVD (with optic), 6 mags||SVD, 6 mags|
|SECONDARY WEAPON||M9A1, 3 mags||Makarov, 3 mags||MP-443, 3 mags||Makarov, 3 mags|
|EXPLOSIVES||M67, 1 grenade||F1 Frag, 1 grenade||RGD-5 Frag, 1 grenade||RGD-5 Frag, 1 grenade|
|SMOKE GRENADES||M18 White Smoke, 2 grenades||RDG-2 White Smoke, 2 grenades||RDG-2 White Smoke, 2 grenades||RDG-2 White Smoke, 2 grenades|
|medical supplies||Field Dressing, 2 packages||Field Dressing, 2 packages||Field Dressing, 2 packages||Field Dressing, 2 packages|
|addtl. equipment||E-Tool||MPL50 E-Tool||MPL-50 E-Tool||MPL-50 E-Tool|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Surprise attacks are a must when using this role, use the opportunity to your advantage at all times.
- Using cover while on the move is also very important. Without it, you will be spotted and eliminated.
- Shoot and scoot tactics should be taken into consideration. Staying in one spot during an engagement for too long will eventually lead to your death.
- Always make sure you have a safe spot to retreat to in case your engagement backfires.
- Be sure to keep a close eye on your ammunition, you do not want to be engaging the enemy on an empty magazine.
- Always be sure to stay close to your squad, fighting alone will guarantee no victory against a force larger than you.
- Make sure you always have the high ground, this will secure a better chance to victory in any engagement.
- Keeping clear communication between you and your squad leader is very important and will prove very helpful.
- Do not bite more than you can chew, think twice before you make a move against the enemy.
- You are the eyes and ears of your squad (and possibly others), your awareness as a marksman is crucial to the survival of your teammates.