General Information[edit | edit source]
The Soviet-Union requested that a 7.62mm cartridge light machine gun for infantry use needed to be produced for their armed forces. The PKT light machine gun designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov was the predecessor to the PKT which replaced the SGMT. The effective firing range of the PKT is one and a half kilometers. The projectile speed of the round is eight hundred and fifty-five meters per second.
In-Game[edit | edit source]
- The PKT is mounted to the BDRM-2, the MT-LBM 6A, MT-LBM 6B, T-72, T-62, BTR-82A, BTR-80, and the Insurgent's variant of the MT-LB.
- The PKT has a two hundred and fifty round belt fed box magazine. The effective range is one and a half kilometers.
- Vehicles with a single round (BRDM-2, MT-LBM 6MB, T-72, T-62) have 2000 rounds. All other vehicles have 5 cartridges for a total of 1,250 rounds.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Although less accurate in long range engagements, the PKT proves very effective at providing suppressive fire with its high rate of fire and large magazine capacity. Use this to your advantage.
- As always, firing short bursts proves extremely helpful at conserving ammunition, which allows you stay active during an engagement.
- Do not engage APC's with the PKT, it is extremely ineffective against them.
- This weapon is a lot more effective when performing anti-infantry operations.