The RPK is one of the Weapons available in Squad. The RPK is adopted as the standard light machine gun (LMG) and squad automatic weapon (SAW) of the Soviet Army from 1961 to 1974, replacing the RPD machine gun. It is later replaced by its variant, the RPK-74, as the standard LMG and SAW of the Soviet Army in 1974.
General Information[edit | edit source]
The RPK is a gas-operated, rotating closed-bolt light machine gun (LMG) and squad automatic weapon (SAW). It is designed by renown Russian designer Mikhail Kalashnikov in 1961 to become a standardized replacement of the RPD submachine gun. The RPK is adopted by the Soviet Army in the same year as the standard LMG and SAW. The RPK is literally the modified LMG variant of Kalashnikov's creation, the AKM. The RPK is used by numerous nations from Eastern Europe to Asia due to their affiliation to the Soviet Union. The RPK would be later succeeded by the newer version of the RPK, the RPK-74, as the standard LMG and SAW of the Soviet Army in 1974.
The RPK has a heavier and longer barrel than the AKM which can allow the gun to fire for a long period time without loss of accuracy due to the barrel heating up. The RPK also have a chrome-lined barrel permanently fixed to the receiver, new front sight base, bipod, gas block, wooden stock, wooden handguard, and an under-barrel cleaning rod guide. The RPK can either use a 45-round box magazine or a 75-round drum magazine. The RPK uses 7.62x39mm cartridges just like the AKM.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The RPK can fire from a 40 round magazine or from a 75 round drum magazine.
- Every 4th round of the RPK-74 is a tracer round.
- The RPK fires at a rate of 600 rounds per minute.
- The RPK is used by one faction, the Insurgents. It is issued to the Automatic Rifleman class. Direct Combat Automatic Rifleman use the RPK with 40 round magazines while the Fire Support use the RPK with 75 round drum magazines.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The abbreviation RPK stands for Ruchnoy Pulemyot Kalashnikova (Ручной пулемёт Калашникова) which means in English from Russian, "Kalashnikov hand-held machine gun".