Not to be confused with its parent, the RPK-74.
The RPK-74M is one of the weapons available in Squad. The RPK-74M is a modern variant of the RPK-74 light machine gun (LMG). The RPK-74M is mainly used by the Russian Ground Forces (RGF) as the standard LMG and squad automatic weapon (SAW) since 1991.
General Description[edit | edit source]
The RPK-74 is a gas-operated, rotating closed-bolt light machine gun (LMG) and squad automatic weapon (SAW). It is designed by renown Russian designer Mikhail Kalashnikov in 1991 to replace Kalashnikov's previous LMG creation, the RPK-74. After the Soviet Army dissolved, the newly formed RGF adopted the RPK-74M as the standard LMG and SAW in 1991. The RPK-74M is literally the modified LMG variant of Kalashnikov's creation, the AK-74M, just like Kalashnikov's RPK-74 to the AK-74 and the RPK to the AKM. The RPK-74M is used only by the RGF.
Unlike the RPK-74, the RPK-74M incorporates a side-rack bracket to mount optics, a lower handguard, gas tube cover, pistol grip, and a new synthetic stock made from a black, fiberglass polyamide; unlike the traditional wooden stock in previous Kalashnikov rifles. However, still, the RPK-74M retains many features that are included in the RPK-74. Like its predecessor, the RPK-74, the RPK-74M uses 5.45x39mm cartridges.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The RPK-74M magazine holds 45 rounds.
- Every 4th round of the RPK-74M is a tracer round.
- The RPK-74M fires at a rate of 660 rounds per minute, 60 more rounds than the RPK and 10 more rounds than the RPK-74.
- The RPK-74M is only used by one faction; the RGF. It is issued to the automatic rifleman class of the RGF.
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The abbreviation RPK from RPK-74M stands for Ruchnoj Pulemyot Kalashnikova (Ручной пулемёт Калашникова) which means in English from Russian, "Kalashnikov hand-held machine gun". 74 stands for the year the RPK-74M's parent, the RPK-74, was designed, which is 1974. The M in RPK-74M means Modernizirovannyj (Модернизированный) which translates from Russian to English; "Modernized" or "Improved".