General Description[edit | edit source]
The Dragunov SVD rifle was designed by Yevgeny Dragunov in 1958, and was adopted by the Soviet Army in 1963 and later the RGF in 1991. This DMR is very popular and mainly used as the standard DMR for post Warsaw-Pact nations and rebels.
The Dragunov SVD is mounted with a PSO-1 telescopic sight which provides 4x zoom and incorporates a thin barrel, dust cover, gas-piston system, iron sights, lever safety selector, flash suppressor, and a unique wood stock design. The gun uses 10-round detachable magazines. It uses 7.62x54mmR cartridges.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Can be fired only on semi-automatic.
- The Dragunov SVD box magazine holds 10 rounds.
- The SVD is used by the Insurgents and the Irregular Militia in the Marksman kit. The modernized variant known as the SVDM is used by the RGF.
- The PSO-1 sight allows marksmen to engage targets beyond 300-400 meters, and as a semi-automatic, the SVD is competent in close combat if need be.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
The SVD has very strong bullet drop, when compared to the automatic AK weapons in Squad.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The SVD abbreviation from Dragunov SVD stands for Snayperskaya Vintovka sistemy Dragunova (Снайперская Винтовка системы Драгунова) which translate from Russian to English, "Sniper Rifle of the Dragunov System".