General information[edit | edit source]
The T-62 is a Soviet main battle tank that was first introduced in 1961. As a further development of the T-55 series, the T-62 retained many similar design elements of its predecessor including low profile and thick turret armor. In contrast with previous tanks, which were armed with rifled tank guns, the T-62 was the first tank armed with a smoothbore tank gun that could fire APFSDS rounds at higher velocities. While the T-62 became the standard tank in the Soviet arsenal, it did not fully replace the T-55 in export markets due to its higher manufacturing costs and maintenance requirements compared to its predecessor. Although the T-62 was replaced in Russia and the successor states of the Soviet Union, it is still used in some countries and its design features became standardized in subsequent Soviet and Russian mass-produced tanks.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The T-62 is available to the Insurgents and Irregular Militia on a limited number of maps. Although not as powerful or heavily armored as the more modern tanks, The T-62 is a nimble tank with a low profile and should not be underestimated.
- The T-62 has a 4-man crew; a Driver, Gunner, Commander, and Loader. In addition to the crew, it is the only main battle tank capable of transporting troops. A total of 4 riders can travel on the back of the tank, however, they are heavily exposed to fire.
- The driver has access to a smoke generator to emit a smoke screen for defensive purposes.
- The gunner can fire three different types of ammunition from the 115mm 2A20 cannon; armor-piercing sabot rounds, high explosive anti-tank rounds, or fragmentation rounds. A 7.62mm PKT coaxial machine gun is also present. The rounds fired by the T-62 are similar to the T-72 but lack guided missiles or smoke grenades. The gun features two levels of zoom.
- The Commander has a dedicated periscope with two levels of zoom to assist the gunner in acquiring targets. Note that the commander is unable to direct the gunner's cannon as the more modern variants can.
- With the rollout of Alpha 14, the T-62 has an additional crew seat in the form of a shielded DShK-M heavy machine gun.
- The top mounted DShK-M shakes the gunners view when firing and leaves the operator very exposed so it's best to only use it in critical situations when the gunner is unable to aqcuire a close threat.
- The T-62 holds a total of 300 ammunition points infantry can use to resupply or change kits. Similar to all other tanks, only crewman kits can be acquired from the T-62. The driver can also resupply a Forward Operating Base with the available ammunition points.