The following is a list of vehicles that are already and will be available in Squad.
- 1 Gameplay
- 2 Physics
- 3 Legend
- 4 All vehicles
- 5 Commander vehicles
- 6 Trivia
- 7 See also
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- To enter, exit, rearm, or switch kits off a vehicle, press and hold F.
- To switch seats, press F1 to F12. For a short moment, you will also see a list of the current passengers of the vehicle.
- Entering or exiting vehicles and switching seats inside vehicles is not instantaneous. The duration depends on the vehicle and the type of seat. This greatly reduces the effectiveness of soloing vehicles when a vehicle is flanked or ambushed. Either it will not be able to drive away or it won't be able to return fire instantly.
- In order to drive a vehicle, you must first claim the vehicle, and then you can get into the driver's seat and start the engine.
- To start and turn off the engine, press and hold E. To be able to start the engine, make sure you have assigned a keyboard key to the vehicle control "Vehicle toggle engine" in the settings menu (default E).
- To maintain the current gear, press and hold ⇧ Shift.
- If you are a gunner and your vehicle has zoom mode, zoom in by pressing Q.
- If you are the gunner in specific vehicles you can stabilise your view by pressing Z
- The WASD keys control traverse and pitch on all vehicle turrets except for the KPVT, NSV-T, PKT turrets, and open turrets.
- Most vehicles also carry some amount of supplies. While the vehicle is stopped, any teammate in or next to the vehicle can load and unload the supplies using the radial vehicle interaction menu (press and hold F). Multiple players can load or unload the vehicle faster than if it were just one player.
- Unoccupied vehicles that are not in 150m of a Rally point or a Forward Operating Base will start to burn after 20 minutes.
Physics[edit | edit source]
Different surfaces provide different amounts of traction and rolling resistance, referred to as Physmat. This means that going off-road will make a vehicle much slower than staying on the roads. Wheeled vehicles are more affected by this than tracked vehicles.
Wheeled vehicles will roll much better on asphalt than on mud or snow. The lowest resistance is on asphalt, concrete, and solid wood. Gravel comes next, then dirt and grass. Sand and snow are where you're really starting to suffer. Lastly, mud has the highest resistance and is terrible to drive on.
Update A13 introduced destructible wheels and tracks. Vehicles that have destroyed tires will drive at a reduced top speed depending on how many tires are destroyed. Vehicles that have destroyed tracks will be unable to move along said destroyed track. If only a single track is destroyed the vehicle is able to pivot around using the still operational track, allowing spinning of the vehicle. In order to repair destroyed tires/tracks a repair toolbox must be used, the same way a player would repair a broken engine. Smaller vehicles' tires, such as the Technical's tires, can be destroyed with small arms fire and knives. Tracks, such as those found on the T-72 and APC wheels, like the ones found on the M1126 require a .50 cal or greater to be destroyed. APC wheels can also be destroyed with enough knife hits.
Upon destruction of the vehicle the vehicle becomes replaced with a wreck in an explosion. This wreck has the same body as the vehicle but is dark and has no wheels/tracks. Some vehicles will also have their top turret blown off and separated from the body. These wrecks have the potential to block roads and tunnels, in order to remove the wrecks a Combat Engineer will have to place an explosive on the wreck and let it blow up. This will remove the wreck and allow vehicles to pass through.
Legend[edit | edit source]
Many non-logistical vehicles are able to carry a small amount of ammo points to resupply troops in the field
Indicates the total amount of Ammo and Construction points a logistics vehicle can carry combined.
|+||Needed Crewmen + Carrying capacity:
Indicates the maximum amount of crewmen and soldiers that can occupy the vehicle.
Vehicles in squad are valued at a certain number of tickets, and if destroyed in the field will incur a ticket loss in the same way when an infantryman gets incapacitated and killed.
In the following table, all existing vehicles in Squad are listed in the following order:
- Horizontally: by Factions
- Vehicle type (aka primary purpose of the vehicle)
- Transport: Unarmed, unarmored light vehicles used for as infantry transporter
- Logistics: Unarmed, unarmored light vehicles used for as transport of logistical supplies
- Light Attack & Recon Vehicles: Light vehicles with specific fighting capabilities
- Armored personnel carriers (APC): Infantry transporter with more armor than the Light vehicles and more firepower.
- Armor Hunters: Vehicles with Anti-Tank weapons.
- Infantry fighting vehicles (IFV): Infantry transporter and fighting vehicle with heavy armor and heavy guns.
- Main battle tanks (MBT): Most powerful land vehicle with best armor and heaviest weapons. Used exclusively for combat.
- Within each vehicle type, vehicles are sorting by ticket costs
- Vehicle type (aka primary purpose of the vehicle)
All vehicles[edit | edit source]
|Note: v15 up-to-date|
|US Army||British Army||Canadian Army||Russian Ground Forces||Irregular Militia||Insurgents|
Transport[edit | edit source]
Logistics[edit | edit source]
Light Attack & Recon Vehicles[edit | edit source]
Armored personnel carriers (APC)[edit | edit source]
Armor Hunters[edit | edit source]
Infantry fighting vehicles (IFV)[edit | edit source]
Main battle tanks (MBT)[edit | edit source]
UTILITY HELICOPTERS[edit | edit source]
Commander vehicles[edit | edit source]
These are the vehicles only the Commander can use.
Commander System Air Support[edit | edit source]
|A-10||Airstrikes for commander system only|
|Su25||Airstrikes for commander system only|
|MQ-9 UAV Recon||Airborne ISR for commander system only|
|Pchela UAV||Airborne ISR for commander system only|
|Drone||Airborne ISR for commander system only|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Squad Alpha version 9.12 removed the HMMWV M1151 EAC (High-mobility Military Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle, M1151, Enhanced Armament Carrier) or "Humvees", due to concerns about licensing.
- In October 2019, all corporate brandings for US and UK vehicles had to be removed due to legal concerns.