WP - Update to v15
|This page is a Wiki Project.|
- 1 Aim of this Wiki Project
- 2 Workflow
- 3 Changelog
- 3.1 Not yet finished
- 3.2 Already finished
- 3.3 No Wiki Change Necessary
Aim of this Wiki Project[edit | edit source]
Update the entire Squad Wiki to the current version v15 of Squad.
See all Release Versions.
Workflow[edit | edit source]
- If you find changelog line that do no have any effect on the wiki, move it from section #Not yet finished to section #No Wiki Change Necessary. Ideally, we do this clean-up process first to then focus on actual work for the wiki.
- From section #Not yet finished, pick a changelog line you want to work on. Update the wiki according to the changelog. Maybe more than one page will be affected by one changelog line - so you have to know the wiki pages to find all the places that might need updating. If unsure, ask Usgu. some suggestions where changelogs should go on the wiki have been added. Also, apply some thought how and where to best include the new information on the wiki.
- When you are done, move the changelog line to section #Already finished. Please also list the wiki pages you have updated for this changelog - this makes it easier for other editors to see what you have done.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
Not yet finished[edit | edit source]
Systems[edit | edit source]
- Added an Infantry Tutorial orientated at teaching new players the basic ropes of Squad.
- Added an Interface Tutorial that teaches the Deployment interface in a first-time event capacity.
Infantry Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Increased RPG7 HEAT penetration capability from 320mm RHA to 400mm RHA.
- Increased RPG26 penetration capability from 320mm RHA to 440mm RHA.
- Set all LAT rockets (British High Penetration AT4 included) to have a minimum arming distance of 25m.
- Set all HAT rockets and ATGMs to have a minimum arming distance of 40m.
- Added a visual effect and audio for when a UGL grenade or rocket impacts a surface before being armed, helping give feedback to the player that the target was too close.
- Fixed British High Penetration AT4 variant not dealing more penetration and damage compared to its US Army counterpart.
- Fixed the RPG7 Fragmentation round doing way more penetration than intended.
- Decreased damage value of the US Army AT-4 (from 1400 to 1248).
- Increased damage value of the M3 Carl Gustav HEAT round (from 960 to 1248).
- Updated Militia kits to have less SKS rifles and more AK74 rifles.
- Set all LAT kits to have 2 smoke grenades.
- Added binoculars to all HAT kits that do not have rifle scopes.
- Added binoculars to RU LAT kits that do not have rifle scopes.
- Fixed 50m sight alignment on the L85A2 AG36 Grenade Launcher.
- Fixed snapping in movement while going from Prone to Standing while you have your bipod deployed.
- Fixed a bug where weapon accuracy parameters like sway and recoil are being reset by switching weapons.
- Fixed a bug where it consumes a field dressing when bandaging already bandaged soldiers.
Vehicle Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Added the BMP-2 Infantry Fighting Vehicle. This is a second-generation Russian IFV, succeeding the BMP-1 from the 1980s. The BMP-2 has a 3-man crew and can hold up to 7 passengers. It is armed with a 30mm auto-cannon firing AP or HE ammunition at a blistering 550 rounds per minute. It comes with a turret-mounted Konkurs ATGM for dealing with heavily armored threats. Additionally, it has a standard PKT 7.62mm coaxial machine gun and smoke grenade launchers for smokescreening.
- Added the BMP-1 ZU-23 Anti-Air Variant. This variant basically replaces the turret on the BMP-1 with an external, manually operated ZU-23 Anti-Air Autocannon.
- Made vehicle radial menu accessible even if the vehicle is not claimed by your squad or you’re not a crewman if the vehicle is on your team.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle ATGMs were not dealing damage beyond 500m.
- Increased armor on the Challenger 2’s lower glacis to 300mm RHA.
- Fixed a bug where the BMP-1 was not getting destroyed by ammo-cookoff.
- Increased the amount of time to get into a truck or light vehicle from 0.75 seconds to 1 second.
- Fixed firing sounds on the BMP-1’s coaxial machine gun.
- Fixed Uparmored FV510 for missing an ammo compartment.
- Improved handling on the MT-LB series vehicles.
- Fixed issue that allowed BMP-1 to bypass reloading time near Vehicle Repair Depot.
- Fixed modifier for HAT damage type on the BMP-1 (and BMP-2). For example, it will go down to 10% HP (and start burning) after getting hit by a TOW missile.
- Resized and moved ammo rack component on BMP-1 & BMP-2 to be fully covered by the engine and no-penetration block to help minimize probability for vehicles to get cooked off by enemy fire from the front.
- Enabled all unarmored vehicles (technicals, trucks etc) to receive indirect (AoE splash) fragmentation damage.
- Mortars have been granted the ability to damage armored vehicles on direct or very close (<1.5m) hits. Unarmored vehicles now also take damage from indirect mortar hits. (Fragmentation damage.)
Deployables Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- FOB Radios will disable spawning on HAB’s if the Radio has been damaged and its health has fallen below 75%.
- All HASCO related deployables have had their visuals updated.
- Mortar damage against deployable structures was increased.
User Interface[edit | edit source]
- Re-Added Spawn Confirmation. This should reduce the chances of accidentally spawning in when you are trying to see the wait timers for each spawn location.
- Added a global notification for when objectives are either met or lost. (E.g. Flag neutralizations, captures, cache objective destroyed, etc.)
- Added a dynamic list of vehicles that are on the currently played map layer. The list is accessible as a button next to the map legends.
- Added a Favorites filter in the Server Browser.
- Added British Army, Insurgent, Russian Army, and Irregular Militia victory jingle.
- Added 10 second delay before incap player can use Medic Callout button and increased the Medic Callout interval from every 5 seconds to every 30 seconds.
- Improved the look of the Vehicle Repair Tooltip. If you have a Vehicle Repair Toolkit, the tooltip allows you to see how badly each individual component is damaged similar to the HUD when in a vehicle driver seat.
- Reordered the items in the Key Bindings Window to be more logical.
- Fixed Invasion Game Mode flags not having lock icons when they are actually not able to be recaptured by the defending side.
- Grouped kit role request into its own sub-menu in the Vehicle Interaction Radial Menu.
- Reordered Role variants to have Ironsight variants first, then Red-Dots then Optics.
- Fixed Medic, LAT, and HAT kits showing up as unavailable (Red) in Role Loadout and Role Quick Select menu when they actually are available.
- Changed label on the Deployment Menu for Team Selection to “Teams / Game Mode Info”.
- Changed magazine image to show up as grey as opposed to jet black when empty for visibility when in vehicles.
- Removed old First Time Event help prompts.
- Modding UI changes.
Maps[edit | edit source]
- Substantially improved performance on Kohat Toi River Valley, Tallil Outskirts, and Gorodok maps. Other maps, including Skorpo and Yehorivka, are being optimized and will continue to receive improvements in upcoming releases.
- Visually updated Gorodok and Yehorivka.
- Improved collisions on Tallil’s residential buildings and improved performance.
- Updated foliage and landscape on Gorodok for improved, blended appearance.
- Fools Road lighting & foliage updated.
- Fixed Sumari staging zones to prevent players from jumping over. Don’t be AWOL, squaddie.
- Changed collision on traffic signs so they don’t stop vehicles anymore.
- Kohat, Tallil, and Gorodok received substantial optimizations and some visual improvements to increase performance and to bring the visual quality of our maps up to our standards. This includes new assets replacing old ones, as well as some different methods being used on our landscapes.
Misc Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed rocket engine motor effects still playing after the rocket has exploded.
- Fixed missing hat on one of the Insurgent soldiers as it LOD transitioned.
- Fixed first person mesh oddities when exiting Admin Cam.
- Attempted fix for ragdoll issues caused by origin rebasing
- Fixed a bug where you bandage gets consumed after you patch already patched soldier.
- Fixed couple of server and client crashes.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
- ATGMs projectile desync for other players that are not gunner, however, what the gunner sees should be the true synced projectile.
- Certain effects do not blend with fog on some layers.
A15.1 Update[edit | edit source]
- Belaya: Updated Minimap
- Belaya: Fixed wheat crop fixes so they aren’t red.
- Belaya: Fixed bridge on the western part of the map having collision issues.
- Fools Road: Fixed terrain to prevent players from hiding under the surrounding terrain
- Mestia: Fixed railroad duplicates and spacing.
- Skorpo: Fixed rain effects.
- Tallil: Fixed collisions on several buildings
- Yehorivka: Fixed bridge southwest of Lower Petrivka collision issues.
- Yehorivka: Fixed collision on new crops and smaller foliage that was preventing leaning.
- Al Basrah TC_v2: Removed 3 hexes that were unused in the river.
- Fool’s Road and Gorodok: Fixed deployable ghosts colored yellow instead of green.
- Kohat TC v1: Fixed Staging timer.
- Kohat RAAS v3: Fixed missing ammo crates in INS main.
- Logar Valley & Sumari: Fixed Staging Phase Pain Volume. (No comment on going to 11.)
- Narva TCv2: Fixed Reversed hexes and Anchor points.
- Skorpo Skirmish v1: Fixed Main Supply Zone for US.
- Skorpo AAS v1: Fixed map boundary around the US Main.
- Tallil TC_v1: Fixed HUD name.
- Tallil Skirmish v1: Fixed a Spawn point that was outside the staging zone.
- Fixed doubled overheating speed on 30mm HE weapons.
- Fixed bug that caused Spandrel to be able to launch multiple rockets in rapid succession (Salvo-fire).
- Increased damage for Konkurs ATGM (Spandrel & BMP-2) up to the level of other ATGM systems, up to 1800 from the initial 1200.
- Increased rearm cost for Spandrel to 400 ammo points per rocket, increased from 200.
- Increased rearm time for Spandrel to 30 secs per rocket, increased from instant rearm.
- Increased delay between consecutive shots for Spandrel to 7.5 seconds, increased from 5 seconds.
- Territory Control: Replaced Shield icons with Anchor-like icons.
- Territory Control: Fixed ticket bleed values not displaying for clients
- Fixed incorrect requirement for INS, MIL, and Radio Tooltips when deploying via Radial Menu.
- Fixed the glass material on vehicles showing through fog, especially at a distance.
- Optimized 25mm and 30mm HE impact VFX.
- Occasionally the landscape renderer will not load correctly resulting in black foliage on a map. A fix is being investigated.
- Client crash on map switch.
- Players will occasionally spawn without ammunition on their first spawn on a server. (This occurs if you were in the match during map travel but did not spawn during the staging phase.)
- Occasionally a player will not spawn at Rally Point when numerous players are spawning in at the same time.
- Occasionally client crashes in various circumstances: we’re still looking into the crash reports. Detailed crash reports help us fix this and we appreciate those that have filled out and sent crash reports.
- Server performance may periodically dip when a server has a high population and high load. We’ll continue to work on performance and optimizations.
- Occasionally Self-bandaging fails. Actively investigating the cause.
- Mouse widgets (e.g. enter a vehicle, comm rose) can stop responding to clicks. A workaround is opening and closing the deploy screen.
- Capture Zone (Flag) Icon will not show on a client’s HUD sometimes.
- ATGM projectiles desync for other players that are not gunner, however, what the gunner sees should be the true synced projectile.
- Certain effects do not blend correctly with fog on some layers.
- HAB Spawn is disabled if FOB Radio is unshovelled below 75%, currently other forms of damage to the FOB Radio (such as explosives) do not disable HAB Spawn. (Under active development.)
- De-shoveling a friendly FOB Radio costs 10 tickets. (Fix in progress.)
- Local/Offline Bug with Vehicles: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Tracks, Wheels, and other components are not destructible while on the Jensen’s Range in Local play.
- Local/Offline Bug with Weapon damages: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Weapon damages with both Infantry and Vehicle weapons are not accurately replicated.
- Territory Control Bug: there is no UI indicator for showing cutoff enemy hexes (hexes that are not linked to the anchor point). Friendly cutoff hexes are showing correctly though.
A15.2 Update[edit | edit source]
- Modding 2.0 was released
- server browser put modded servers with whitelisted mods on top
A15.3 Update[edit | edit source]
- release of first free DLC Canadian Armed Forces with new faction, maps, vehicles and weapons
A15.4 Update[edit | edit source]
- Fixed Server filter bug
- Introduced some experimental changes to the “dead dead” mechanic, as well as the way “instadeath” works
Already finished[edit | edit source]
- Added the ability to load and unload supplies via the Vehicle Interaction Radial Menu. This allows players to load and unload supplies via one common menu now, from any seat or outside of the vehicle. This also allows multiple players to unload the vehicle faster than if it was just one player. Increased rate of loading/unloading to 100 points every 0.5 seconds, making the process a little less slow.
- You will not be able to load or unload supplies from a vehicle while it is moving.
- Removed old Left Click/Right Click system for loading and unloading supplies.
Game Modes[edit | edit source]
- Territory Control: Increased hex capture times from 40 seconds to 45 seconds.
Vehicle Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Tweaked vehicle claiming system numbers:
- 2 vehicles require 2 squad members
- 3 vehicles require 4 squad members
- 4 vehicles require 6 squad members.
No Wiki Change Necessary[edit | edit source]
Game Modes[edit | edit source]
- Territory Control: Added a more dynamic ticket bleed system.
- Territory Control: Added TC Layers to all maps.
- New RAAS layers added to Belaya, Chora, Fools Road, Gorodok, Kamdesh, Kohat, Kokan, Skorpo, Sumari, and Yehorivka.
- Invasion – added more Random Invasion layers.
Systems[edit | edit source]
- Removed Voice Command system temporarily pending further internal development.